Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Big Data Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina
Term: 12 months
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Experience in data analysis, data validation, data verification, data cleansing, data completeness and identifying data mismatch. Experience in working on cloud technologies like Hadoop (Hive/Impala), AWS.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent writing SQL queries and PL/SQL stored procedures and has expertise in test case design, test tool usage, test execution, and defect management.
- IT experience in Data Quality Analysis both Business intelligence, ETL and Hadoop applications, highly skilled in developing test plans, test scripts, test matrix and executing test cases.
- Experience in documenting ETL mappings, created unit test plans and involved in developing deployment plan.
- Back End Testing experience by writing and executing SQL Queries, used Automation testing for testing huge tables and multiple tables.
- Technical Skills include SQL, Python, Hive
- Python and Hadoop experience is a must. Scala and Spark are additional skills preferred.
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.