Title: Azure Data Engineer
Location: Hybrid in Irving, Texas
Contract duration: 6 months minimum (likely a year+) with opportunity to convert
Our client in the Irving area seeks an Azure Data Engineer for a hybrid 6+ month contract opportunity. In this position you will work on the Data Consumption/Usage project. This position will work across many teams to solve and support any issues/challenges on how to merge and work with data from their systems.
Nice to have:
- 3 years of professional experience in big data, and data engineering
- 2 years’ experience working with cloud products - Azure
- Design, implement, configure, and maintain Azure Data bricks, Data Factory, Azure Synapse, etc.
- Experience with Azure Machine Learning
- Worked with Data Science Libraries to support research/data needed
- Experience with Azure Data Bricks; Move raw data into a consumer-friendly format
- Extensive experience connecting to various data sources and structures
- Experience working with tools such as Parquet or ORC (Column oriented structure)
- Demonstrated experience with Database management such as SQL DM
- Typescript experience prefer Pulumi but open to other types such as Terraform
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Data Governance, Data Catalog, Master Data Management
- Experience building data ingestion pipelines using Azure Data Factory to ingest structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with data security and encryption- preferably in the healthcare industry
- Worked with connecting data from on prim to cloud
- Worked in the healthcare industry
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.