100% REMOTE POSITION
Full Stack AWS Developer/Architect (2-3 positions)
Rate: $90 - $100/hr w2
MATRIX is seeking a Full Stack AWS Developer for our client headquartered in Harrisburg Pennsylvania (position is remote). Our client is a national provider of student financial aid services, serving millions of students and thousands of schools through its loan guaranty, loan servicing, financial aid processing, outreach and other student aid programs. The AWS Developer will be involved in application architecture and moving applications into the Cloud. This position drives architectural decisions around key platforms and capabilities, architects, designs and delivers those key platforms and ensures cloud services platform performs to expected levels, responding to production problems, including investigating root cause and developing long-term solutions.
- High Level Infrastructure Architecture (working with EA/Sec/Apps teams)
- High Level/Low Level Infrastructure Design (working with EA, Sec, AWS, DevOps, App teams)
- Owns total Infrastructure (AWS) Architecture for Application
- Must Understand App Architecture, AWS, CI-CD pipelines and Logging & monitoring in AWS
- Works with ARB for ARB Approval
- Fully documents functional and non-functional requirements/requirements traceability
- Fully documents “definition of done” and requirements sign-off
- Fully drives and documents High Level Arch, HLD, LLD in collaboration with AppDev, etc.
- Breaks work down into sprint-sized chunks that can be performed by one person by points/hrs
- Has the necessary application & infrastructure background for the application to which they will be assigned.
- Able to hold a team accountable to deliver architecture partnering with Security
- Able to coach, mentor and act as a technical lead in relation to delivering to the requirement of the application
- Experience working in Public Sector is highly desired or a strong understanding of regulatory compliance is a huge plus for shorter learning curve (industry specific experience).
- Smart, driven, team player (no ego).
- Ability to communicate with others and be solutions minded. Must work well with team members and prioritize work in smaller chunks.
- Documentation experience- Person will need to assist with documentation. Most of the requirements are not fully documented now so they need someone who can assist with that.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to drive architectural decisions, develop guidance and best practices and deliver the technical capabilities, especially around the area of industry expertise.
- Manage customer expectations, influence key technical decisions, provide best practices, and guide architectural principles and leading communities of practice on key technology elements
- Engineer, deliver and support all aspects of the client's AWS Cloud in alignment with NIST 800-53, FedRamp and Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Security Architecture standards
- Accountable for debugging cloud-based distributed systems (AWS)
- Accountable to architect, engineer, deliver and support all solutions as IaC using Terraform in conjunction with various configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Lead the AWS environment performance management, logging, monitoring, reporting and Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) in conjunction with security policies to ensure compliance and meet audit requirements (Federal and otherwise)
- Support the CI/CD pipeline(s) across multiple organizations
- Embody drive and influence the innovative DevOps mindset necessary to guide client to the future Cloud Native environment that will power its vision
- Ensure that the Cloud Transformation results in the highly anticipated cost savings via strong architectural guidance, influencing key stakeholders and technologists to best practices and ensure cost effective cloud environment operations
- Accountable for learning and becoming a cross-functionally expert with other industry experts in other capabilities
- Configure key core cloud technologies such as OpenShift, Kafka, Mongo DB, PostgresSQL, MuleSoft, Ansible and other tools as needed to meet the needs of client's cloud capabilities
- Recommend, design and configure VPCs, Account Management, and other segregation, routing, and security protocols within the Cloud
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep knowledge current to remain the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assigned area, AWS Core and Infrastructure as Code (IaC); Kafka; or No SQL Databases
- Responsible for the last line of defense for 24x7x365 operational environment support for area of industry expertise to ensure environment stability
- Train, mentor and coach other team members on the areas of industry expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and ten to fifteen years of experience in infrastructure support, delivery, engineering and architecture, including five plus years of experience in cloud architecture, design, configuration, & support (AWS preferred) or any combination of relevant experience, certifications and/or knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience with FedRamp and Federal Student Aid.
- Strong focus on continuous integration and continuous deliver, including experience working on CI/CD pipelines.
- Advanced experience working in DevOps and DevSecOps environment, including familiarity with SAFe Agile, and Atlassian JIRA.
- Advanced experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS), including Billing, Core Technologies, Redshift, ELB/ALB, Performance Management, CloudWatch, and VPCs.
- Advanced experience with Zaure Core & Tenancy and Billing.
- Advanced experience with MongoDB.
- Advanced experience with PostgresSQL and NoSQL.
- Advanced experience with application container technology, such as Openshift/Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with IT automation tools, such as Ansible.
- Advanced experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), including expertise in TerraForm, Ansible, and scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Perl, etc.
- Advanced with MuleSoft, JBoss, Kafka, and API Gateways.
- Advanced problem solving skills.
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills.