Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Associate Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 8 months
Description: Junior java developer creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces. The person in this job designs and develops high-volume, low-latency applications for high performance and ability. One of the major tasks of a junior developer is to contribute to the entire development lifecycles, write well designed, testable, and efficient code. A developer must ensure that designs are in compliance to the specifications. The developer will be closely working to a specific client and tee up for instructions and other specifications. The person in this job updates, maintains and adds functionalities to an existing java software program that has been developed for over 1 year.
- Define, develop and implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Must have at least 1 year of extensive experience in Object-oriented programming specifically on JAVA/J2EE.
- Has knowledge or relevant work experience in any of the following programming languages or technologies: Java/J2EE.
- Must have sufficient knowledge in Object-oriented programming concept.
- Must be an excellent team player in a different culture.
- Must display ability to learn in a short time and work under pressure.
- Work with the department and IT to conduct testing to meet project timelines.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1+ Agile and Rally experience.
- Knowledge of java and IT development cycle.
- Minimum of 1+ years IT related experience.
- Bachelor degree in in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering (computer/telecommunications).
- Possess strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent knowledge of various Software Development Lifecycles.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of MS Project.
- Azure Cloud knowledge is a plus.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.