Location: US-AZ-Phoenix 85085
Location Type: On-site 5 days/week, may be some flexibility
Contract Duration: Through 12/31/2023
Under general supervision, the Asset Specialist II is responsible for supporting the implementation, optimization and governance of the lifecycle of IT Assets in the environment, with a focus on IT Applications and their related infrastructure components.
- Contribute to the continued deployment and adoption of the IT Service Management platform (ServiceNow) and the related processes.
- Support deployment and implementation of policies and procedures for inventorying, tracking, and reporting on IT assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Explore opportunities and make recommendations for optimizing IT assets to achieve full efficiency and ROI from company resources.
- Conduct and report software asset reconciliation and audit activities on a timely basis, including financial, licensing, warranty, and maintenance/support contract information.
- Contribute to the continued deployment and maturity of processes and procedures for tracking and analyzing technical and financial data of software, hardware, and equipment from requisition through retirement.
- Track and maintain hardware assets, software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts related to IT Assets.
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Research industry best practices and compare against the organizations practices in order to establish benchmarks for managing IT assets.
- Effectively communicate asset management strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Maintain consistent reporting of monthly operating metrics, including key service and data quality metrics
- Support reporting requirements related to Finance and Operational requests
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting to management related to IT Asset lifecycle data
- Provide trend analysis and making recommendations for Asset Management and Service Management process improvements Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of asset management experience
- Lifecycle knowledge of IT hardware/software assets
- Experience with ServiceNow, Flexera, and/or BDNA preferred.
- Broad technical IT knowledge and awareness of industry trends
- Excellent Communication skills, both orally and written
- Demonstrated capability to achieve results through influencing and collaboration
- Possess skills and experience in data analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of supply chain management
- Certified Software Asset Management (CSAM), Certified Hardware Asset management Professional (CHAMP) and/or Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team is vital.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines and present a professional demeanor is essential.
- Ability to respond to different organizational situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- This position requires a High School diploma or GED.
- Associate degree is preferred.
- Additional college level Computer Science, Information Technology or related classes are beneficial.