Location: CA, Remote
This senior level position is responsible for applying past experience and industry standards in in the planning, organizing, and conducting of a Business Needs Assessment, most commonly referred to as Business Requirements, for the development of systems capabilities that are cost effective, creative, and that meet users needs. This role plays a durable role throughout the Development Lifecycle that includes gathering and documenting business requirements, creating use case scenarios, modeling business process, and participating in the overall planning that will ensure the system delivered meets the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently leads efforts to assist the business in building upon the project definition, description and vision document, which may include scope, risk, and identification of stakeholders
- Plans, coordinates, and creates written documentation that clearly describes the needs of the business, which may include Business Requirements, Business Use Cases, Process Models, Business Needs Analysis, or Conceptual Design Documents.
- Consults with Business / Functional Module Owners / External and Internal Vendors, gathers requirements, researching and analyzing existing, and proposed solutions in the development, modification, or enhancement of programs or systems.
- Engages in dependency analysis, functional design, workflow analysis, use case analysis, data and process modeling, and have a clear understanding of the current and future business rules
- Leads the Testing discipline by performing Test Planning, incident research and analysis, Test strategy, QA and user acceptance testing functions, as needed.
- Prepares and plans all aspects of the Requirements discipline, including controlling or participating in estimating, feasibility analysis, meeting facilitation, management and executive reporting, change request management, issue tracking, process improvements, and project planning
- Provides support as needed throughout the project lifecycle, participating directly in issue resolution, break and hot fix support, and triage in the identification and resolution of all project incidents, documentation maintenance and traceability as related to the Requirements discipline.
- Acts as the liaison between the Business Owners and the Technology teams.
- Gathers requirements from External / Internal Vendors and Business members, documents the specifications, proposes solutions based on expertise and knowledge of the system, conveys the information to the Technology team to get interface built out, performs testing after development, sets up interface SFTP connections, and sees Interface Delivery through migration to Production and completion.
- Strategize and partner with functional owners on how to leverage technology to enhance processes and practices.
- Stay up to date on release upgrades, new features, consult with Business to determine new features to implement, partner with Technology and Business owners in taking the features through implementation.
- Gathers requirements from Functional Owners / Business Leaders / specific focus groups, documents the specifications, proposes solutions based on expertise and knowledge of the system, conveys the information to the Technology team to get reports built out, performs testing after development, sees Report Delivery through migration to Production and completion.
- Provides ongoing support for interfaces and reports from upgrading interfaces when new features are introduced, troubleshooting issues, offering solutions to common themes / issues observed, ensuring that they are running without issues.
- Seeking out best practices to develop techniques to anticipate and resolve functional problems.
- Knowledge of functional design, setup, test and implementation.
- Solid multi-tasking abilities with project management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, abstract reasoning, troubleshooting, and hands on functional skills.
- Strong solutioning skills to form actionable suggestions to support business requirements.
- Apply organizational context to recognize configuration issues, or come up with better solutions to enhance the current state.
- Ability to convert requirements into concise models/work plans to involve stakeholders, and seeing the functional ones through implementation, and testing the technical solutions implemented by the IT team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and/or experience
- A minimum of 3 years Oracle HCM Cloud Fusion experience
- Experience in business analysis in a technical environment, supporting multiple small to large teams of business and IT staff
- Experience supporting HR/People function a plus
- Experience in Oracle Transactional Business Intelligence a plus