Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Lead Systems Operations Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 12 months
- Lead or participate in managing all installed systems and infrastructure within the Systems Operations functional area.
- Contribute in increasing system efficiencies and lowering the human intervention time on related tasks.
- Review and analyze moderately complex operational support systems, application software, and system management tools to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Work with vendors and other technical personnel for problem resolution.
- Lead team to meet technical deliverables while leveraging solid understanding of technical process controls or standards.
- Collaborate with vendors and other technical personnel to resolve technical issues and achieve highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Keep schedules, make tight deadlines, work timely, independently, and be responsible for day to day operations of keeping the system healthy.
- Ability to solve production down situations under tight SLA deadlines
- Lead complex, broad impact initiatives including provision of high level systems consultation for the technology teams.
- Work as key participant in large scale planning of computer systems and network infrastructure for Systems Operations functional area.
- Review and analyze complex technical challenges, as well as escalated support issues related to core business solutions that require in depth evaluation of multiple factors, such as alternatives, enhancements, periodic systems reviews, or improvements to existing systems.
- Make decisions on technical changes and enhancements.
- Consult with engineering team on change design requiring solid understanding of technical process controls or standards that influence and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with technical peers, colleagues, and mid to more experienced level managers to resolve systems support issues and achieve goals.
- Execute incident, problem, change and release management across a wide range of applications and technologies.
- Drive remediation activities, run incident bridges, and provide status on active issues.
- Drive root cause identification and preventative actions.
- Effectively multi-task across a wide range of activities.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written) with application development teams, business partners, end users, and direct leadership.
- Work with vendors and vendor products to troubleshoot issues.
- Identify gaps and single points of failure in current technology process or design.
- Create, Update and maintain all aspects application specific troubleshooting documentations and runbooks along with training/knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Identify and develop automation for repetitive tasks.
- Ensure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- Execute daily maintenance tasks and proactive review of the production environment.
- Work incident, problem, and request ticket queues to ensure all tickets are completed on time and to satisfaction.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering, Technology Architecture experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex material to a diverse audience.
- 5+ years of application production support experience.
- 3+ years of SQL experience.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage initiatives involving process improvements.
- Ability to self-organize with strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework including ITSM – Incident, Change and Problem management.