Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Application Security Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 11 months
- Defines specifications and develop code and utilities, modifies existing programs, prepares test data, and prepares functional specifications.
- Establishes, participates, and maintains relationships with customers and subject matter experts to remain apprised of direction, architectural and technology trends, risks, and functional/integration issues.
- Testing and deploying programs and applications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software.
- Analyzes, designs, develops, codes and implements programs in one or more programming languages, for Web and Rich Internet Applications. Create various automated security integration solutions.
- Work with application development personnel and other technical team members to review and help in working and fixing the source code.
- Work closely with DevOps and cloud infrastructure architects and engineers to design, implement and manage secure, scalable, and reliable cloud infrastructure environments.
- Participates as a technology advisor to collaborate with Agile squads to deliver business benefits with effective and efficient use of technology Platform(s).
- Ensures teams are validating for OWASP and performing industry leading application security practices.
- Performs application program interface security assessments and remediation activities as part of the API security program.
- Leverages the enterprise SSDLC processes and toolset.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- 5 years of experience working as a frontend or backend software developer.
- Experience as a developer on a team consisting of five or more software developers.
- Ability to conduct independent research.
- Broad understanding of web service implementation paradigms (REST, SOAP).
- Basic understanding of Cryptography concepts: hashing, signing, symmetric/asymmetric encryption and decryption.
- Basic understanding microservice application architecture, software cohesion and software coupling.
- Comfortable learning new programming languages as needed to conduct code reviews.
- Comfortable with the following tools and technologies: Git, SoapUI, Jenkins, Artifactory, SonarQube, Find Bugs, Docker Experience with deploying and configuring API scanning tools.
- Experience in Identity and access management concepts and technical specifications.
- Experience creating continuous integration pipelines (Cloud bees, Jenkins, Buddy, Urban Code, etc.).
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse).
- Outstanding communication, analytical skills and ability to function in a globally diverse work environment.
- Experience working within an agile team (Scrum, Rally, etc.).
- Familiarity with OWASP and the Sans Top 25.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience/certification.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and implement solutions and/or workarounds.
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications (e.g. 800-171,800-53, CSF).