Our client is looking for an Android Engineer to join their team for a 9+ month contract. In this role, you will design, build, and support the mobile checkout features in Android app. You should be able to navigate and suggest improvements on application from an architectural stand point. At the same time, keep security in forefront of all decision making. You will be working with a dynamic and collaborative team that integrates a wide array of technologies into a cohesive IT Solution.
“MUST HAVE” SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Atleast 5 years of Android Development Experience.
- Experience in designing and developing mobile applications in a complex operating and cross functional environment
- Proven experience/responsibility for design and architectural decisions of app in the app store
- Experience developing apps that interact with Web Services (REST, JSON)
- Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of design patterns
- Proficient in Kotlin, Android Jetpack components xml and software development tools - Git, Jira.
- Strong understanding of core android fundamentals - activities, views, intents, services, fragments, Android Manifest, android lifecycle events
- Experience working with libraries like Retrofit, OkHttp, web services, firebase, and other common libs and concepts
- Knowledge of working in an Agile development environment. Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
- Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
- Familiarity with SCRUM as a development method for Agile Development
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Experience developing location-based services with MapKit, Google Maps or similar framework
- Experience with multithreading, memory management, and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- Experience owning and leading major components in partnership with Architects and Technology leaders
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re a top 15 U.S. IT staffing firm and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
For hourly W2 contract roles, MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see https://www.matrixres.com/consultants-overview/benefits-and-payroll for more information. For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits will be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.
MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.