Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Android Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 6 months
Mobile Software Engineers work with other team members to produce customer facing mobile applications that provide a superior user experience and support key business objectives. Developers participate in all aspects of application development including design, development and delivery using an Agile process.
- Create awesome experiences for millions of customers
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, and product owners to bring customer focused features to life
- Write quality code that is efficient, maintainable and will scale across teams
- Own your code from conception to production
- Work with customer support and product owners to pivot on features and address reported bugs
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Kotlin programming, Jetpack Compose and debugging skills
- 5+ years of Android development experience with knowledge of API design, best practices, and UX guidelines.
- Demonstrates great communication skills and initiative to solve problems and convey solutions to peers and product owners
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts, TCP/IP, database, and REST based JSON APIs.
- Experience in commercial software
- History of publishing native mobile apps
- Knowledge of UI testing and continuous integration
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.