Grow your career as an AML Compliance Analyst with an innovative global bank. Long term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 3 days per week. Will be responsible for reviewing high risk customer cases, reviewing the account relationships and related parties holistically to capture global and cross sector presence, conducting research, documenting the investigations and providing initial recommendations and dispositions of a Global Enterprise-Wide Customer Relationship. Will also conduct investigations that involve clients with accounts in more than one jurisdiction, a substantial multi-jurisdictional nexus, or involve complex transactional and client account patterns. These proactive investigations are generated from sources such as reviews of the highest risk clients, ad hoc searches, business compliance or business referrals, legal referrals, TRP referrals, product-specific developments, industry trends, and referrals from external sources (e.g., law enforcement, regulators, etc.).
- Responsible for reviewing the customer cases, reviewing associated investigations, conducting research, documenting the investigations, and providing initial recommendations and supporting documentation.
- Consult with the Senior Analysts during the review process for guidance.
- Analyze and proactively identify risks and new AML concerns. Review recent news, court documents, and public/private sector white papers.
- Independently conduct complex research and investigations utilizing internal and external data. Analyze research results and conduct complex data analysis.
- Prepare written investigative reports and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) where appropriate. Present findings to senior management and advise on next steps.
- Execute due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures to meet internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Use sound decision-making and discretion in making decisions that mitigate corporate risk at each decision point throughout the investigation.
- Make recommendations to senior management on next course of action – either relationship retention or termination and, when warranted, prepare SARs.
- Conduct investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Compile supporting documentation and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for Compliance and Business management review.
- Bachelor’s/University degree is required.
- Prefer AML Certification.
- 5 years of prior AML analysis experience in a financial institution.
- Must have actual experience writing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
- Must have strong Excel skills (pivots, VLOOKUP).
- Must have investigative experience.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.