Grow your career as an AML Analyst with an innovative global bank in New Castle, DE. Long-term contract with excellent growth potential. Will be required to be onsite 2-3 days per week. Will be responsible for performing AML Reviews/Investigations of account activity, and recommending the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and/or relationship termination, as appropriate. Cases are worked from beginning to completion in accordance with relevant company AML policies and procedures. Cases are generated from sources which include: Automated Monitoring System (e.g., Mantas); client-on boarding and maintenance and transaction monitoring referrals; and referrals from business partners and other control areas.
- Conduct research over available bank systems, the internet and commercial databases consistent with the resolution of case reviews and investigations.
- Collect and examine financial statements and documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Document and report the review/investigation findings and prepare case files with required supporting documentation (e.g., media search results, copies of statements/checks, results from internal system searches etc.).
- Follow-up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case.
- Liaise with other FIU units, Advisory, Business Compliance teams, CSIS, FIU Legal, GIU, and Law Enforcement.
- Draft and file Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) consistent with FinCEN requirements.
- Recommend relationship retention or termination and track account closures as required.
- Interact with Senior Management on the Compliance, Legal and business sectors concerning AML issues.
- May provide direction to more junior staff.
- Four-year college degree is required.
- Prefer CAMS certification.
- 1-5+ years of experience in reviewing customer transactions and information for identifying potentially suspicious activity and performing AML or fraud reviews/investigations.
- Work experience in a financial institution with job specific work experience in AML.
- SAR Writing experience, specifically in retail banking, and more knowledge of AML Red Flags such as cash structuring.
- Established business knowledge and comprehension of financial products.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent research skills including experience with online search tools.
- Prefer experience in writing and preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Prefer knowledgeable of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, US Treasury AML Guidelines, OFAC Requirements, and Suspicious Activity Reporting Requirements.
- Prefer general understanding of Senior Public Figures, Money Service Businesses, Wealth Management and Retail Banking.
- Prefer proficiency in a foreign language.
About our client
Our client stands as one of the worlds most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. Its teams provide unique insights to more than 200 million clients and enable progress all over the world. While growing your career, you will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.