Title: Administrative Assistant
Term: 12 Months
Location: Melbourne, FL
Long term contract opportunity in Melbourne, FL for an Administrative Assistant.
- Procard. Procard requires receiving information from an employee and manager approval for the cost center for which it is to be charged. Admin will call or email or place the order online and then is expected to monitor, receive ensure quantity and deliver to the requestor. It has been my experience that these requestors do not keep on going records and will come back at some point in the future to ask about order (ie when the last one was placed and when the order was received). It is beneficial to keep an ongoing spreadsheet each year to track order and receipts. These orders are processes in the travel system and require proper accounting and invoicing for each. There are also numerous items which cannot be purchased on the Procard so the need to keep up to date with the procedure is necessary. If there are multiple audit findings during review in a 6-month period, the Procard can be revoked.
- Travel. Sounds simple but with the new requirements travel is a multi-faceted process of approvals and securing a corporate credit card. Then working with travelers to ensure they are given a travel policy to review. Review dates and time and make the travel in the concur system. Travel now requires all client travelers to use the corp credit card during travel. Most of the travelers to not make their own travel nor do they process their own expense reports.
- Purchase requisitions (ARIBA). ARIBA is the system client uses to process requisitions for PO placement.
- Delivery Documents. Admins currently process Delivery Without Reference Delivery Documents for items shipping plant to plant, international and to external vendors.
- Supplies - Order and maintain a sufficient stock of office supply items for factory and office use. ARIBA is currently the avenue to place a supply order.
- Printers - client uses a just in time approach for printer supplies. This process is supposed to monitor the printers and send a notification to the Primary Contact for the printer that supplies have been ordered. All printers for the location have a primary contact but as employees who preform this function move to different areas a central monitor for questions and updates is required. This is the position I have been filling.
- MYIT Ordering - although this can be done by any employee it is not a frequently used item by most so this becomes something that will fall to the admin.
- Locker Back UP – provide back up for locker assignment and combination issues for employees, managers and HR when needed.
- Company Store Orders - I place orders with the company store using my corporate travel card. Process the receipt and insure it is charged to the proper cost center.
- Value Contracts – Logistics – I have been processing the invoices for Florida Moving and MCS since 2016. There is a value contract that requires SAP input to create PO’s to process against the value contract. This is another system which requires monitoring and tracking. There is a need periodically to request additional funding for the contract. And working with the supplier and client accounts payable or procurement to resolve. This item belongs in the Logistics Department.
- Campus Maps – access to campus maps to update as employees move from cubicle to cubicle or building to building to keep the employee location updated.
- PATS - purchase distribute and record PATS given to manager. (Purchase requires a Procard or credit Card). Manager giveaways.
- Movie Tickets - since Covid this has not been an overly demanding item but as things progress back to a pre-covid state, the requirement to purchase, record and distribute movie tickets will again become a time-consuming process. The Admins (engineering and production) sell these to employees (checks only) and these funds when collected are recorded and sent to Cedar Rapids Finance for deposit against the purchase cost center and account. These are used for both sales and manager giveaways.
- Conference Rooms - maintain monitor conference room use. It becomes the admins position to request employees who use the room clean after each use. Many users will expect the admin to be able to help them with log in and projection issues.
- Interviews – Recruiting and managers have been known to ask admins to work to set up interviews. For the most part this is just scheduling and room reservations.
- Meetings and special projects - admins are requested by numerous managers to find rooms, order food, make sure supplies are available for offsite meetings (be it in house or at an offsite location).
- Required to have a working knowledge of policies and procedures or the ability to know where to find the information.
- Calendars – access to multiple calendars and ability to set up meetings for multiple managers.
- IPT Reviews – act as the go between to insure all items are updated and the power point package is loaded to the review
- Lost and found
- DOA notifications
- Provide Mail and bear tracks information.
- Aid employees for F&M work orders or IT work orders.
- Excellent organizational skills and the use of tools like SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Word will be required.
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.