Contract Opportunity: 4-months
Location: Cottonwood Heights, UT
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for processing invoices and payments, identifying and communicating Purchase Order and invoice discrepancies, and researching and responding to Purchase Order and invoice or payment questions. This position will report directly to the AP Manager.
- Process and account for invoices accurately
- Research vendor and business payment issues, including statement review.
- Make payments to vendors. Including mailing out checks and remittances to vendors.
- Work with departments to obtain proper approval, research any discrepancies, etc.
- Monthly financial audit and accrual tasks as needed.
- Assist with researching outstanding checks for escheatment processing
- Review expense reports in Concur to make sure expenses are compliant with Travel Policy
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-year relevant Accounts Payable experience required
- Must possess strong time management skills and be able to handle a high volume of transactions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Understand the Procure to Pay (Purchase Order and Accounts Payable) process.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with customers, peers, management, contractors, and vendors.
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Computer skills, including Excel, Word, and general ledger systems
- Experience with NetSuite, Oracle and Concur preferred
- Knowledge of balance sheets, income statements, and mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Take initiative to proactively research and resolve problems, and improve processes
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with focus on accuracy and efficiency
- Show tact, discretion, confidentiality and good judgment in handling sensitive and confidential matters and documentation.
- Associate degree in business/accounting preferred
- Speak Spanish and English
If this sounds like a fit for you, apply today!