Our client is seeking an Accountant for a 100% remote, contract opportunity.
Term: 12 weeks
- Prepare General Ledger Account Reconciliations - Prepares daily reconciliations for various Balance Sheet accounts. Preparation includes detailed reconciliation with appropriate supporting documentation, the ability to explain fluctuations, and working cross-functionally to ensure all reconciling items are resolved promptly.
- Journal Entry Preparation - Prepares recurring and non-recurring journal entries for various General Ledger accounts in accordance with GAAP and Bread accounting policies on a daily and monthly basis.
- Daily Tasks - Works cross-functionally with other departments as well as clients to ensure the accuracy of cardholder account activity, daily wire settlements, balance transfer campaigns, client, and association settlement. This can include detailed account investigation, issue resolution, and executing accurate cardholder/client adjustments and understanding the financial implications.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Experience: One or more years in Accounting focused on month-end close processes, daily General Ledger account reconciliations, or related applicable experience
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office - primarily Excel.
- Good understanding of accounting and a focus on detail that will enable the candidate to prepare and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build good working relationships with others.
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.
At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.
MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer including disability and veteran and provides reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability needing assistance applying, or at any point in the hiring process, please email us at MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.
For hourly W2 contract roles MATRIX offers a highly competitive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, HSA, and 401(k) with pre and post-tax options. Please see MatrixRes.com/Benefits for more information.
For direct hire placement with our clients, benefits would be offered in accordance with that particular client’s offerings. This may include PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other pre and post-tax options.