Location: San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
The Contingent AIM Administrator is responsible for maintaining application, database, server and network access using various applications and tools. Responsible for completing access requests and ensuring timely handling, monitoring departmental queue for requests and ensuring work product is in compliance with Policy, Standards and Procedures. Analyzes requests to various business systems and applications, including creation, deletion and modification of access within business roles and groups, as required. This is a hybrid role.
- Responsible for provisioning/de-provisioning of access to applications, infrastructure and operating systems as per established Policy, Standards and procedures.
- Responsible for updating and resolving request tickets and ensuring timely settlement of assigned user requests and issues as outlined by Service Level Agreements.
- Well versed with following processes: New Hire On-Boarding, Employee Off-Boarding, Department Transfers, Access Remediation, and Privileged Access.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem analysis by working with other teams, vendors or users in diagnosing and resolving users access issues.
- Assist with unique/complex security access requests including internal and external audit and disaster recovery testing.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of related experience with user provisioning and de-provisioning.
- Requires strong interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, follow written policies standards and procedures, and provide consistent and superior customer service.
- Must be proficient with the following: Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, service request management systems.
- An understanding of financial services industry core banking applications, including mainframe systems.
- Requires willingness and ability to adapt to rapid changes in order to support and use emerging technologies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Remains informed of job-related issues through networking, training programs, seminars and trade publications.
- As directed by management, actively seeks technical feedback, advice and training from Engineering and Business Integration resources related to assigned projects or support issues.
- Works the designated shift between 7:00AM and 7:00PM weekdays, and designated weekend shifts (Saturday and/or Sunday) if/when necessary.
- May require more than 40 hours per week.
- Perform other duties when assigned.