Position: WIFI Network Engineer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 6 months
The Wireless Network Engineer is responsible for supporting IT verticals and business units in implementing new applications and making network modifications as part of assigned projects. This position requires analysis, design and engineering of wireless network solutions within our architectural framework to meet project needs.
• Write/engineer network device configuration scripts with associated change documentation to meet project goals and deadlines.
• Implementation of network changes during appropriate change windows (after hours)
• Review and provide feedback on change documentation/engineering of other engineers.
• Establish processes to test applications and devices before planned network deployment to quantify their performance and recommend steps to ensure they are optimized.
• Serve as second-tier support for network operations team on wireless issues when needed.
• Participate in on-call support escalation rotation as needed
• Translate business needs into actionable deliverables.
• Manage small internal data network projects.
• Create detailed network designs that meet the customer requirements (including physical and logical) of complex wireless network systems to meet the functional objectives of the business.
• Serves as a technical resource providing guidance and advice to associates on data, voice and mobile network capabilities for utilizing the full capability of technology in designing effective solutions.
• 3+ years of enterprise data network/IT industry experience as well as working with wireless network cloud technologies at an enterprise scale
• B.S. Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Substantial knowledge on Meraki Wireless Cloud Controllers, Meraki Access Points, Wireless Security (ISE and ACS), QOS, NAT,VOIP, Multicast, DNS services, MPLS networks, and network protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN Trunking)
• Cisco Meraki Solution Specialist certification (CMNA) preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency with wireless analyzers, wireless survey software, and test equipment is desired, specifically with Ekahau.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with a track record as a problem solver & an effective team player is essential
• Flexible person with the ability to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments.
• Act as the liaison between IT verticals, vendors, the business, and the network team
• Consult with technical peers and leadership on the deployment of applications within the network
• Work with the IT verticals to ensure on-going standards and application performance over the network
• Be the escalation point for resolution of wireless network integration issues
• Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness
• Strong presentation and analytical skills
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Lead both technical and non-technical discussions
• Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments
• Capable of efficiently completing tasks without specific direction or close supervision
• Have attention to detail as well as ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal supervision
• Solid problem management skills related to working network related issues
• Experience working with HPN network equipment would be an advantage
• Experience working with Cisco, Aruba, or Meraki route/switch network equipment would be an advantage