Vice President of Warehouse Operations
Type: Full-time in office
Rate: $170K annual + benefits
The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, coordinate, and oversee operations activities in the organization, ensuring development and implementation of efficient operations and cost-effective systems to meet current and future needs of the organization.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains management-level staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of the organization’s operations division.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations projects and systems.
- Collaborates with other divisions and departments to carry out the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organization’s business plan and vision, including its financial goals.
- Establishes, communicates, and implements operations-related policies, practices, standards, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
- Reviews and approves cost-control reports, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Establishes and administers the department’s budget.
- Presents periodic performance reports and metrics to the president and other leadership.
- Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in operations management.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Warehouse experience is a MUST HAVE.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Engineering, or other industry-related field required; MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years of industry-related experience including three years in upper management required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls, and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.