This role will require 2 days a week onsite in the Houston downtown offices.
- Responsible for Redhat 6.x, 7.x and 8.x Linux systems administration as well as Satellite and Suse Mgr for deployment of OS and patches
- Advanced knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud environments and setting up and maintain Redhat servers in the cloud
- Advanced knowledge of IBM and Aix 7.x operating system
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle Solaris 10 and Solaris 11 operating system
- Responsible for working with vendors to diagnose and correct issues with hardware such as IBM P980, Oracle T7-2 and T4-1s
- Responsible for generating Ansible scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources.
- Responsible for the maintenance of enterprise applications such as PowerVM, Perl, korn shell, kubenetics and docker, podman, and Python
- Responsible for gathering system requirements working together with application architects and owners.
- Experience with applications such as Rancher, RedHat Openshift container, Terraform, and cloud technologies highly desired
- Understanding and advanced knowledge of Operating systems and servers running large oracle databases and applications such as SAP and SAP Hana
- Understanding of SAN concepts and familiarity with large arrays like Pure systems and to a lesser degree Netapp
- Maintain and document Unix system administration tools and procedures.