Our client is seeking a Deskside Technician to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within their end-user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The successful candidate will also troubleshoot problem areas (in-person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required. In addition, successful candidate will also support all issues with proprietary software used by our client. This position will also require travel to different facilities within the state of Georgia for our client.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future end-user device needs.
- Able to support a variety of devices at all offices and all facilities within the state.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on end-user devices in support of standardization and procurement efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of end-user devices and related products.
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Accurately document instances of equipment failure, repair installation and removal, as well as moves and changes.
- Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required deskside service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end-user devices based on software technical specifications.
- Collaborate with LAN technicians/network administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s end-user computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
- Answer to and perform moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted by line managers.
- Ensure that physical deskside connections (RJ-45 Ethernet jacks, RJ-11 telephone modem jacks, connectors between PCs and servers, etc.) are in proper working order.
- Prepare tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and then provide performance statistics and reports.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring end-user device operations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, network cards, and other components and equipment as needed.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in A+, Net+, MCSE, Server+, etc.
Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent technical knowledge of hardware, including desktop, laptops, printers, scanners, VOIP phones, and network equipment.
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC internal components, including hard-drives, motherboards, graphics, and memory.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wireless technologies, ServiceNow, and Windows OS.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Customer interaction via phone, email, teleconferencing, or in-person.
Apply to MATRIX today!