As the Tanzu Principle Platform Engineer, you will demonstrate your senior software engineering skillset when building and operating hybrid-infrastructure software platforms (Pivotal Cloud Foundry and AWS). A successful candidate has prior experience deploying Cloud Foundry and automating platform management at enterprise scale. The Tanzu Principle Platform Engineer will be developing platform APIs that make common software operations scalable and repeatable. Will also demonstrate experience building continuous delivery pipelines. Must feel comfortable maintaining the underlying services required to host containerized applications. Will respond to software outages and execute postmortem reviews including root cause analyses. The Tanzu Principle Platform Engineer will seek to maintain a high level of availability for all mission critical software systems. Will be a principle to master level engineer capable of mentoring junior developers and engineers, or a standard level engineer capable of problem ownership and rapid growth. Will demonstrate effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization. Will manage, report, and facilitate certification of access for all in-scope resources (including SaaS, AWS, Azure, CSS managed applications, tools, and systems).
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Tanzu
- 5+ years of experience leading teams building and developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Cloud Foundry, etc.
- 5+ years of experience building production services using Cloud Infrastructure providers such as Amazon Web Services. (AWS)
- 5+ years of experience building and sustaining developer platform services and APIs that scale in production.
- 3+ years of experience designing or administering Identity and Access Lifecycle Management Operations and controls.
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining continuous delivery pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining highly available and resilient production systems.
- Must have a deep understanding of modern microservices architectures, design patterns, resiliency techniques, and optimizations, which must be reflected on the resume.