Grow your career with an innovative global bank in Irving, TX as a Data Analyst with very strong Tableau development skills. Contract role with strong possibility of extension. Will require working a hybrid schedule 2-3 days onsite per week.
Join one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services worldwide. Will contribute to the development of new data analytic techniques, report generation and the improvement of processes and workflow. You will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Contract Duration: 6+ Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Data Science, Information Design, Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis / analytics.
- Ability to write data analytic expressions using formula languages.
- Strong ability to extract raw data from various sources such as MS Excel, SharePoint lists, MS SQL, Oracle, Service Now, Ab Initio console, Autosys console.
- Ability to define and implement data querying expressions and techniques using Tableau, MS Excel Power Query, MS Excel Power Pivot.
- Ability to organize and relate significant amounts of raw data (with attention to detail & accuracy) into data models.
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports.
- Advanced skills in MS PowerPoint.
- Experience in visual information design and interactive visualization development with expertise in representing complex information in an actionable and high-impact way.
- Strong communications and presentation skills applicable to developing executive presentations, succinct storytelling and ability to make the complex simple.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work across functional teams to define and develop analytics and reporting requirements.
- Identify data sources that will help meet the analytic & reporting goals.
- Simplify and enhanced data by developing data transformation queries which normalize, combine, and standardize various data sets.
- Create data models that build relationships between various data sets.
- Define key metrics that measure strategic goals, provide strategic insights, interpret performance trends and support data-based performance improvements.
- Develop data analytics expressions to produce key analytic metrics which will be used in data visualization.
- Create standard and custom visualizations while ensuring data validity, statistical integrity, and maximizing impact.
- Create dashboards using data expressions & visualizations which are aligned to strategic goals and operational initiatives.
- Develop and design presentations to convey complex information in clear graphics to tell the story through clean, concise, and well-organized dashboards.
- Distill information provided by subject matter experts and other teams into executive-level presentations and strategic insights.