Position: Systems Engineer
Location: Town and Country, MO 63017
Term: 17 months
- Work with Release Management and hosting operations teams to build high-frequency automation solutions to maintain the availability and security of live customer environments on the company's hosting and cloud platforms.
- Provide an excellent customer experience by developing error-free, efficient scripts and automation that enable the Release Coordination and Execution teams to deploy and/or upgrade management and monitoring agents and associated software on customer servers at scale and with zero or light touch.
- Assess new and/or advanced technical system technologies against known vendor requirements and recommendations and will develop implementation solutions.
- Development workloads are managed using Agile methodologies and will be accompanied by environment audits and supporting documentation that minimizes the impact on the company’s customers.
- Responsible for the design, build, and test stages of a release deployment project, and supports other functions during the pilot and deploy stages.
- Contributes to operational objective setting, server audits, and performance metrics where applicable.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Knowledge of Python and PowerShell scripting with real-world experience in writing scripts to deliver automated solutions is essential.
- Experience in IT infrastructure technologies (virtualization, storage, network) with strong knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Capable of working with appreciable latitude in development methodology and of being self-directed to prioritize deliverables.
- Knowledge of best practice IT operational processes e.g., incident/change/release management.
- Capable of delivering detailed supporting documentation regarding technical projects, such as methods of procedure, and release notes.
- Creative and have the ability to start new projects and deliver creative solutions to automate operational activities.