Seeking a Systems Administrator for contract to hire hybrid opportunity with our mid market client.
This person will be expert level in supporting Microsoft 365 Ninja desktop, Office security, and will be responsible for architecting and administering secure access solutions for applications, messaging systems, VPN configurations, domain credential and directory administration, as well as third-tier systems administration of on-prem and cloud servers.
- With limited supervision this person will be helping ensure servers are patched, backed up, and secure from unauthorized access, as well as installing, maintaining and upgrading servers and other related infrastructure components.
- Responsible for day-to-day administration of Microsoft Office 365, Exchange and Active Directory (ADFS) domains, including maintaining related security and compliance settings with updates for a secure cloud posture.
- Configure and deploy department specific solutions in accordance with the business cost and efficiency parameters.
- Analyze and troubleshoot system logs, alerts, pattern recognition, and tracking the nature and resolution of issues.
- Create and maintain ADFS user accounts, profiles, file shares, credential access privileges and security groups.
- Assist in maintaining datacenter equipment to include firmware, OS and security updates, installation, cabling, and decommissioning of retired systems.
- Research and recommend new proven and trusted solutions to enhance or replace legacy solutions.
- Maintain the design, implementation, and administration of corporate Windows disk images.
- Serve as third-tier escalation point for other IT Personnel with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Apply OS and application patches and upgrades on a regular basis in accordance with vendor requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and upload technical documentation for various related setup and configuration procedures and processes to cloud repositories for IT team reference and training.
- Work to identify and automate manual and recurring processes with standard toolsets and scripts (Powershell, etc).
- Submit periodic and various system reports for capacity planning and ongoing performance and process tuning.
- Help manage and maintain backups and backup strategies for both client computers and servers.
- Assist in disaster recovery failover testing to include server validation and access abilities after environment changes.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (COMPETENCY STATEMENTS):
- Demonstrated ability to embrace new technologies, meet business demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, and apply continuous improvement techniques.
- Proven ability to interact with people, clear fluent expressive use of verbal and written language to convey information and ideas professionally.
- Demonstrated technical and operational knowledge as well as the skills and experience to ensure performance of all duties at a high level of accomplishment.
- Must be skilled in analysis, problem solving, decision-making, planning, organizing, meeting deadlines, multi-tasking, attention to detail, communication, and self-motivated to work independent of direct supervision.
- Proven ability to achieve desired results by encouraging and supporting the contributions of others in a team.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline and 5+ years of industry related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proficient in all Microsoft® based networks and operating systems.
- Emphasis on Microsoft cloud and messaging administration and solutions development experience, and the secure handshakes with corporate application environments and devices.
- Good grasp of modern authentication administration of ADFS/SSO/2FA/MFA/VPN, hybrid Azure AD, credential, and PKI/certificate management to include documentation and deployment planning.
- Experience in administration and management of Office 365 tenants, Exchange on-prem to Office 365 migration.
- Working knowledge with E-mail security and filtration platforms to prevent phishing attacks (Mimecast, O365).
- Experience administrating Linux servers and appliances, and writing scripts with PowerShell, VBScript and Batch.
- Working knowledge of Windows imaging and configuration management with SCCM/MDT/InTune management, Software Center administration, Windows patch management and deployment processes for PCs and servers.
- Experience with administration of MDM platform configurations, maintenance (updates, migrations, coordinating with front line Helpdesk support for end user changes).
- Working knowledge of DFS/File Shares/Windows permissions and cloud-based storage solutions (OneDrive).
- Working knowledge of IT administration and security best practices around Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware ESX preferred, Hyper-V a plus).
- Datacenter hardware experience (HP servers, Pure Storage arrays, Synology NAS, APC UPS, fiber switching).
- Working familiarity of networking a plus (VLANs, SD-WAN, SD-LAN, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Wi-Fi, DHCP, DNS), to include coordinating fundamental network requirements with a 3rd party MSP engineer to act upon.