Come work for one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S. and help people and businesses become smarter and better prepared to protect the things that matter most to them.
Position: System Engineer - DevOps
Location: Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Term: 6 months
- Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical Customer facing business applications.
- In line with DevOps culture, fully support applications from ideation to production.
- Design and implement automation CI/CD pipeline working with tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, Artifactory, Kubernetes, Docker, and Splunk.
- Participate in the SAFe planning (big room and sprints).
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to ship code and maintain infrastructure environments and configurations.
- Leverage the best tools to allow others to be more productive and our applications at top performance.
- Build, deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot as needed.
- Be vigilant and aware of security in our daily activities and align closely with our enterprise security team.
- Collect and use metrics to drive – continuous improvement of engineering practices.
- Influence other teams and broader Engineering groups in adopting DevOps best.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Level III: 5 years of experience in application development/testing or business/system analysis role or 1 year of experience as an Application SME Level II.
- CICD knowledge with 3-5 years minimum experience.
- Experience in Release Orchestration tools. (like CD-FLOW or XbiaLabs)
- Experience with Docker/Containers, OpenShift.
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Node.js, or Bash.
- JAVA experience.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with firewalls, routing, switching, load balancers, security, and DNS.
- Knowledge of Java/JVM based languages.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring.
- Experience with additional tools such as MySQL, Groovy, Gradle, or Maven.
- 2+ years experience working in an agile DevOps environment.
- Experience with CDN tools like Akamai.
- Able to test for vulnerabilities and investigate security breaches.