Rebuild Americas Infrastructure with Our Fortune 200 Materials and Logistics ClientPosition: System Administrator III
Location: Dallas, TX
Term: 5 Months
- Implement and support datacenter infrastructure, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows and Linux servers (minor), data protection and application servers.
- Create plans server deployment, explains plan to management, makes decisions about computer hardware and layout, and oversees plan implementation.
- Supports Active Directory (AD) environments in compliance with legal, regulatory and internal policies and standards, and ensures compliance of AD solutions by participating in the identification of compliance data, data collection, analysis and remediation.
- Provides proactive administration and daily operation for server and application virtualization solutions (i.e. VMWAre ESX 6.x).
- Design and deploy solutions using virtualized hardware and networks. Create and update Windows Server templates and virtual host hardware as well as physical servers.
- Configures, tests and deploys server and datacenter infrastructure.
- Perform day-to-day administration of DHCP and DNS infrastructure.
- Uses best practice methodologies to develop and manage data backup, disaster recovery and replication throughout the enterprise.
- Troubleshoots, researches solutions, and monitors server and virtualized environment activity using industry standard toolsets as well as custom coded solutions.
- Acts as a project lead for medium sized projects and coordinates multiple resources, including employees, vendors and IT management.
- Researches and resolves complex issues regarding operations, installations, on-line transactions, system status and downtime.
- Consults regularly with management and end users on needs and requests related to corporate systems and application.
- Identifies opportunities and designs solutions to address business requirements and improve workflow to ensure consistency and effective involvement of support resources throughout all project phases.
- Installs, supports and administers software and/or custom applications as required, resolving issues at all levels and updating patches.
- Provides telephone, e-mail, and after-hours support to all sites using various tools.
- Develops and maintains clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation for the application and supporting infrastructure environment, including detailed design documents, and builds procedures, training and technical support guidelines.
- Analyzes usage and trends, and evaluates vendor products in hardware and software.
- Monitors system health, performance tunes, and troubleshoots virtualization and other software environments and evaluates all in-place systems and applications.
- Consults with business and end users to provide support and resolve application and connectivity issues.
- Documents activities such as down time, problems, and system configurations.
- Monitors virtualized server environment and resolves host system issues to provide the highest level of availability.
- Relocates technical equipment to and from an assigned location.
- Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
- A minimum of 10 years of job-related experience is preferred.
- A minimum of a four year degree is preferred with a focus on computer science, MIS or technical program.
- Advanced administration, implementation, project management and support experience required in: MS Active Directory, MS Windows platform and MS Office Suite, virtualization software (VMWAre ESXi) and Servers.
- Advanced knowledge of file/print servers, security and permissions using active directory, and Microsoft Powershell 3.0+. Strong working knowledge of MS Visio for documentation.
- Ability to document and evaluate current environment and use best practice methodologies to ensure highest level investment utilization.
- Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management.
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and vendors; ability to analyze projects and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Advanced reading and writing skills, and ability to effectively communicate with others, both written and verbal communication, ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Preferred certifications: VMWare VCP, Citrix XenApp/Desktop (CCEE, CCA, CCIA, CCAA), Microsoft MCSE, Industry (A+, Network+).
- Experience with Privileged Access management and multi-factor authentication.
- Experience administering Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.x
- Additional support experience using PowerShell and vbscript, TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, SMTP, DNS and anti-virus is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange 2013/2016 is preferred.
- Experience with merger and acquisition infrastructure activities.