Birmingham automotive parts company is seeking Sustainability Specialist to join their team for a contract to hire opportunity.
This is a great opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the company's sustainability initiatives that drive the advancement of their environmental, social, and governance department.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Ability to build effective relationships and interact with a variety of individuals and departments at multiple levels
- Strong project management skills, including time management, taking initiative, and meeting deadlines
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Bilingual a plus: French or Spanish
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Sustainability, Economics or related field.
- Project Management experience preferred.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serves as the primary point of contact, business liaison, and respondent for all inquiries related to Sustainability: Environmental, Social, and Governance.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Manages customer response to Item Compliance requests.
- Ability to read and interpret state, national, and international regulation documents.
- Monitors, manages, and reports on the status of Sustainability projects in development or as assigned.
- Participates in research and trend monitoring for relevant ESG topics.
- Assists in detemining data requirements, collection, and tracking of various ESG initiatives.
- Participates in the continuous improvement of policies, procedures, and programs supporting the ESG program.
- Accomplishes objectives within established timelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.