Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. SMART on FHIR Developer to join their team for a contract to hire role!
Our client has over 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina, serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by providing innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. SMART on FHIR Developer
Term: 6 + Months, Contract to Hire
Location: ** While the position is Remote, work from home, to be eligible to convert to an employee of this company, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Must have SMART on FHIR App Development AND Front end - UI/UX experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associate’s degree specifically in computer science field. With no degree, 7 years experience required.
- 5 years development experience.
- Experience working with vendors for effective solution delivery.
- EPIC APP Orchard is a bonus
- Experience with Github, OpenShift (Kubernetes), Jira, agile
- Experience with software development tools (i.e. Eclipse, Rational)
- Experience in Medical insurance or Hospital Information Technology systems preferred.
- Experience with at least one of the major database systems (i.e. PostGres SQL, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Snowflake).
Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software and/or information solutions. Designs software and/or information solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems. Design solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Works closely with solution and information architecture to ensure alignment to design.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walkthrough and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these standards and processes
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Evaluate solution options and make buy vs. build recommendations to management
- Independently provide effective communication to business and IS partners. This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, as well as delivering presentations.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications as well as review junior staff members’ unit test plans for completeness/thoroughness.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Coordinates vendor solution delivery and partners with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members.
This job description is intended to describe the general responsibilities and type of work being performed by people assigned to this position. The major job functions/components above are the typical functions of the job and are not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. Personnel in this position should be aware that the responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in this job description and various other duties may be assigned as needed.
***To be eligible to contract at this client you must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.