Position: Sr. Java Full Stack Software Engineer
Location: Virtual, New Jersey
Term: 11 months
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Full Stack Software Engineer for a remote, long-term contract opportunity. Come join our risk engineering team to help us grow our best-in-industry risk platform. We have a clear mission: We protect revenue while giving good customers a great experience. We achieve amazing results.
We're looking for a full stack Software Engineer with a strong sense of individual agency: When you see problems, you cant help but look for solutions, and you have a track record of delivering on them. Our risk system is big on immutability, referential transparency, empiricism, and simulation. We process millions of transactions and over a billion dollars through our risk platform in a year. Quality is paramount. Mistakes in risk can make or break a business, which brings meaning to your work, as does knowing you are responsible for fast, hassle-free delivery of gifts to their recipients. You will raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
What You'll Do
- Learn everything about our risk systems and have a voice in their future direction.
- Build Restful webservices deployed on AWS Cloud utilizing AWS services like EC2, ECS, Lambda, ElastiCache, OpenSearch, ALB and much more.
- Work with Data Science team on using the right Machine Learning models suitable for the problem.
- Drive continuous deployment techniques, including monitoring of system availabilities and alerting
- Learn about payment industry with in-depth knowledge gains on types of fraud occurring in the industry.
- Stand up for good customers even when its difficult.
- Support and inspire your peers.
- Solve complex problems well.
What You Need To Have
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience
- 4+ years working experience in Java
- 1+ years of Database experience - Relational or NoSQL
- Bonus: Experience working in the AWS cloud ecosystem
What We'll Do
- Engage you in thoughtful conversation
- Respect you as a person
- Help you push your skills to new heights
- Set clear expectations
- Provide good work-life balance
- Provide you with freedom to innovate
- Give you the freedom to choose the right technology.