Our client seeks a Java Developer for a long-term contract, remote opportunity. Candidates must be local to the Bay Area.
Position: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Bay Area, CA
Term: 1 year
- Excellent analytical and technical skills utilizing object oriented analysis and database design, relational database design.
- Participate in collaborative concept definition, architectural refinement and software design
- Follow Agile practices, with ability to work independently and as part of the agile team
- Willingness to learn new technologies based on organization needs
- Able to develop high quality software with adherence to the organization standards
- Highly responsive in resolving issues
- Creative in proposing new ideas
- Good Team Player with an attitude to contribute at all levels for the team's success
- 8+ years hands-on Java application development experience utilizing data persistence environments.
- Experience designing, building and testing Java EE applications and In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks
- 2+ years of hands on development experience in multithreaded programming.
- Significant experience in designing and building REST services and a familiarity with Microservice architectures
- Comfortable with relational database design and SQL
- Experience working with web user interface technologies
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHUB, GITLab, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Masters good to have.