Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr. Java Developer
Location: DES MOINES, Iowa, 50309
Term: 24 months
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact.
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs.
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors.
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives.
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals.
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 4+ years of Java unit testing framework - JUnit or related
- 4+ years of Spring experience
- 3+ years of Agile experience
- 3+ years of experience in building Spring boot based microservices deployed in Cloud environment
- 3+ years of functional test automation using BDD like Karate, Cucumber, Gherkin or similar
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, or education.
- 3+ years of Angular/AngularJS experience
- 3+ years of Angular unit testing framework (Jasmine/Karma or similar)
- 3+ years of Kafka experience
- 3+ years of MongoDB and/or Oracle experience
- 3+ years of Sprint JPA/Hibernate experience
- 3+ years of Cloud experience