Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 4 months
- Collaborates with leaders, business analysts, project managers, IT architects, technical leads, other developers and quality assurance, along with internal customers, to understand requirements and develop needs according to business requirements.
- Maintains and enhances existing enterprise services, applications, and platforms using domain driven design and test-driven development.
- Troubleshoots and debugs complex issues; identifies and implements solutions.
- Creates detailed project specifications, requirements, and estimates.
- Researches and implements new technologies to enhance current processes, security, and performance.
- Supports the development of coding standards and adhere to best practices and security guidelines.
- Works closely with software architects and technical leads to ensure decisions meet long-term enterprise growth needs.
Required Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 8+ years of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience designing, developing and implementing large-scale applications in hosted production environments
- J2EE technologies: Java , JSP, JMS, JAXB, JDBC
- Database and persistence frameworks: Hibernate, Object/Relational Mapping, Oracle, Query Performance tuning
- Cloud-based development: Cloud Foundry and KUbernetes
- Web Servers: Tomcat, tcServer
- Microservices: REST/SOAP (JSON/WSDL/XML), NodeJS
- Frameworks: Spring Framework
- Front-end: Angular JS, Ext JS, CSS, jQuery, AJAX
- Build/deployment tools: Docker,Maven, Gradle, Git actions, JUnit
- Other: Linux/Unix shell Scripting
- Proficiency in object-oriented design techniques and principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools (Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in Agile methodologies, such as SCRUM
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies and technologies
- Desired Experience: Selenium, Nexus Repository, Hygieia, SonarQube, Fortify on Demand, Slack, ElasticSearch, Logstaash, Kibana, New Relic