Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr. Java Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX (Hybrid)
Term: 5 months
We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer who will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle using best practices in object-oriented techniques and Agile. Candidate will have demonstrated skills and experience designing, developing, and implementing large-scale, highly available applications. Other duties include:
- Evaluate requirements and propose solutions with careful consideration to cost and impact with other systems as well as develop and execute implementation plan for delivery of requested functionality.
- Review, create, and alter existing software and software artifacts to implement new requirements.
- Actively participates in software design and peer code reviews.
- Mentors and coaches team members related to analysis, architecture, design, development, build, deployment, and maintenance of systems. Monitors performance and provides support of application after implementation.
- May provide training on how to use new or enhanced system.
- Provides technical assistance and partners with end users to understand and resolve problems.
- May oversee installation of hardware and software. Position requires occasional 24/7 Level 2/3 on-call support.
- Must possess a bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline: advanced degree is preferred; experience with operations research optimization techniques is a plus
- Requires 5+ years of application development experience, including 5+ years of Java SE experience and 3+ years of Java EE experience
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of the JEE platform and supporting technologies such as JAXP, JMS, JDBC
- Must be familiar with Relational Databases such as Oracle or SQL Server; strong working knowledge of SQL preferred
- Must have experience consuming Web Services and implementing Web Services; should be familiar with messaging and SOA technologies; require knowledge of general architecture principles
- Experience with UI technologies and frameworks (e.g., HTML5, CSS, LESS, AngularJS ) is a plus
- Familiarity with software configuration management/build processes is a plus
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to junior team members
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Must be a strong communicator with the ability to lead technical and nontechnical discussions
- Demonstrate technical problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to multitask