Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Java Cloud Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 11 months
- Experience with Java 8, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts, TCP/IP, database, and REST based JSON APIs
- Experience with build and deployment tools: Maven, Git, JUnit
- Experience building and working with DevOps Toolchains (SonarQube, Github actions, Jenkins)
- Demonstrates great communication skills and initiative to solve problems and convey solutions to peers and product owners
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts, TCP/IP, database, and REST based JSON APIs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work very closely with a larger development team of differing skillsets
- Experience and understanding of test driven development
- Experience with the scrum process
- Experience with Reactive Programming
- Experience with Event Driven architecture
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new features in an iterative way that collectively form a larger application.
- Modify and enhance existing software to add or change features, while constantly improving the codebase.
- Participate in the estimation of work to be done as part of an overall agile process.
- Coordinate application implementation and test functionality to ensure specifications are met.
- Experience in commercial software.
- History of publishing native mobile apps.
- Knowledge of UI testing and continuous integration.
- DevOps knowledge - Jenkins, GitHub Enterprise.
- Angular 2+
- Working knowledge of TDD / TDD mindset
- Pair Programming experience