Our client is seeking a Sr. C++ Developer with Linux experience for a permanent/direct hire opportunity. The role is a hands-on, interactive role in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Developer will be responsible for the design and implementation of new applications and features for a new product and existing products, as well as porting code existing on other Operating Systems (primarily WinCE) to Linux. Some of the Senior Embedded Software Developer’s responsibilities will include collaborating with stakeholders, integrating with current applications, and delivering robust, efficient, scalable, and maintainable C/C++ code.
- Analyzing requirements and defining implementation details.
- Delivering code that meets the design specification and fits nicely with what may already be in place.
- Designing new APIs to integrate existing applications into a new product.
- Responsible for regular communication with others involved in the development process.
- Implement, test, and bug-fix functionality.
- Solving problems at all stages of the project life cycle.
- BS or MS in CS or EE
- 8+ years experience in the same or similar position.
- 8+ years experience building Linux embedded applications utilizing C/C++.
- Strong understanding of embedded systems.
- Experience with multi-threaded application development.
- Expert Knowledge of C++ development in a Linux environment.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical background, analytical mindset, and great problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience with software design and OOP methodologies.
- Previous experience controlling hardware.
- Experience with WinCE is highly desirable.
- Experience in the cash-handling industry a plus.