Are you an experienced Business Intelligence Integration engineer who is passionate about consulting with all levels of internal stakeholders within medium to large sized integration projects? Are you incredible with the following technologies: SQL Server, SQL, SSAS, SSIS, AWS Redshift, Data Modeling and most importantly, thrive in a team environment? Are you extremely collaborative and enjoy working with your teammates to impact positive change? Are you looking for your next long term contract opportunity? This position may be for you!!!
Location: 100% REMOTE
Title: Sr. Business Intelligence Engineer
- Integration – Changing pricing system for varied data sets. Today getting information from other systems.
- Must understand core Data Warehouse data points and move to new data points
- Work with feeds from one system to another, make changes to structures as necessary
- Will be reviewing Dashboards in Power BI
- Little to no Reporting required
Required (7+ years):
- SSIS, SQL, SSAS
- AWS S3 Redshift
- Power BI
- Data Warehouse experience
- Good communication skills
- Medium to large sized Integration project experience highly desired
- Financial Experience
- Data Modeling Experience
- AWS Athena
You will consult with internal business stakeholders of all levels, provide support & guidance in defining and delivering their BI needs by turning data into actionable information leveraging AI - Machine learning.
- Architecting scalable data pipelines across on-premise and cloud data repositories
- Create data flow diagrams, and document source to target mapping
- Utilizing their business acumen, analytical mindset, and strong communication/people skills to extract business requirements and translating them into actionable tasks
- Maintain the data warehouse performance by optimizing batch processing through parallelization, performance tuning, aggregations etc.
- Create user-facing dashboards that provide key insights at a glance for its specific audience
- Recognize and adopt best practices and cost effective solutions in developing analytical insights on-prem and in the cloud
- Provide guidance and mentor junior team members
- Keep current with Business Intelligence data trends and technological innovations
- Execute on POC’s with new technologies, drive innovation, and new ideas
- You have collaborated with a development team with established source control (git).
- Strong understanding data modeling (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data warehouses and Data Marts).
- Strong experience with business intelligence and data warehousing design principles and industry best practices including multi-dimensional modelling (star schemas, snowflakes, de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions)
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies to business problems
- You love a challenge and problem solving
- Enjoy learning and working with new technologies
- You are extremely articulate and concise
- You are proactive and resourceful with a drive to match
- You have an intrinsic curiosity for tinkering with data products
- You recognize the importance of data storytelling
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- You are hardworking and have a strong work ethic
- You are a quick learner and able to apply new technologies to business problems