Are you comfortable running performance tests and able to write utilities using Python or other languages and have a good understanding of concepts like Containers using Kubernetes? We are seeking an Automation Engineer with Java automation experience as well as someone who has experience with and enjoys working with top Java Development Engineers on building and enhancing software products? This is a long term opportunity where you can start contract and work 100% remote and live anywhere? We are looking for a Development Automation Engineer for our Java team which is working on several applications some of which are new development and some that are enhancements to existing applications. We are looking for a SDET from a Java background who is familiar with SQL, Java, and Python or similar scripting technologies. In addition, here are the skills that we are seeking for this role:
- Strong analytical skills like testing rules engine. Experience with past rules engine testing preferred
- Testing Language: Experience with Python is preferred. Java / groovy is fine too.
- Database: Oracle SQL is Must, bonus if you have any experience with NoSQL preferably MongoDB.
- Containerization: Basic docker knowledge and bonus if experience in testing application on Kubernetes, and basic Kubernetes.
- Automation and tools:
- PyTest and other python libraries to access data from Oracle / MongoDB etc.
- Experience in making REST/SOAP calls and able to run / extend the test framework with help from architect.
- Knowledge in automating the test that we can integrate with CI pipeline if required.
- Load/Performance Testing: Good understanding of how to do load/perf test by generating dynamic loads .
- As for tool locust preferred, but JMeter is fine too. The concept is most important.
- OS: Basic Linux. You should be able to use ssh to remote machines skills to get logs, list files etc. when required.
- SCM: Basic Git for test code management preferred.
- Deployment environment: OpenShift/AWS/any K8s having experience with testing with software deployed on these environments.
- Experience with testing applications using MongoDB use preferred. At least should know how to fetch data from MongoDB
And, it would be a bonus if you had an understanding of any/all of the following:
- Messaging service like Kafka / RabbitMQ
This is a long term contract role and could go contract to hire. We are all working remote and will remain that way so this position is 100% remote! Apply now so we can reach out to you to discuss this role in more detail.