As a member of ServiceNow team, the ServiceNow Developer/ Analyst implements solutions leveraging the ServiceNow platform and allows clients to extend and customizes the functionality to meet their specific business needs. The ServiceNow Developer/ Analyst will work on various projects (including bug fixes, enhancements etc.) and take the clients requirements and build them on the ServiceNow platform. They understand the various ServiceNow Products (ITAM, ITSM, ITOM etc.), have deep strengths in these and understand how the ITIL framework can be leveraged to create best practices for clients.
- Understand the ServiceNow Discovery and Configuration Management processes and methodology. Expert level knowledge on Discovery Probes, Sensors and identifier rules.
- Setting up Configuration Management from scratch defining the CI classes and their relationships.
- Work with business users to capture and compile business requirements.
- Responsible for the technical specification, developing the technical solutions, implementing them, and performing the component integration tests on the ServiceNow platform.
- Understand the needs to standardize processes and build this into the design for best ITIL practices.
- On-call support for issues impacting the ServiceNow instance.
- Build custom integrations between ServiceNow and other tools and products.
- Leverage both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems.
- Contribute to continual service improvement by leveraging personal knowledge and best practice in solving complex business problems.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Excellent Collaboration skills working with other team members.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills/Experience:
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in ITSM technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on ServiceNow Process and Development/ Admin experience.
- Advanced experience with ServiceNow implementations and maintenance and upkeep of ServiceNow CMDB.
- Comfortable deploying discoveries in a multi-datacenter environment with ServiceNow Discovery and Configuration Management processes.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to demonstrate influence in a consultative fashion to stakeholders and other team members.
- Experience with development and implementation of ServiceNow modules - Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, Knowledge Management and Service Catalog or other ITSM applications.
- Experience with extending the ServiceNow schema to custom applications/tables.
- Experience with setup and troubleshooting with Discovery mapping, schedules, patterns, and transformation of class data and restructuring.
- Experience setting up multiple MID servers, check for their connectivity to various other data center components and troubleshoot issues.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, SQL Server) required to work on manipulating the data from multiple data source in SQL Server DB
- A fundamental understanding of Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs - all scripted aspects of the ServiceNow system.
- Experience with ServiceNow reporting, scheduled reports, and ServiceNow Database views.
- Understanding of ServiceNow scheduled import/export jobs and transform maps.