Type: Direct-Hire / Contract to Hire / or Contract
Will also sponsor H1B Visas
Our client is looking for a Senior Systems and Storage Engineer, who will ensure the stability, integrity, security, and efficient operation of the Unix servers, Storage, KVM and Exadata systems by demonstrating standard methodologies, continuous innovation, and new emerging technologies.
- Supervising and managing all installed systems and infrastructure
- Review daily monitoring logs and reports
- Plan and implement repair on all environment alerts
- Routinely test software for bugs, redundancies, and security issues
- Document system performance statistics and reports
- Meet company define SLA requirements
- Lead all hardware/virtual environments
- Lead all aspects of Hardware inventory
- Maintain overall system health
- Run key back-end Linux based servers in a KVM Hyper-V environment
- Lead enterprise storage arrays
- Move, add, change, de-commission and/or repair hardware as vital
- System uptime and availability reporting
- Documentation of infrastructure environments.
- Establish, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Deploy new applications and improvements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Case management, design and implement DR for Oracle Infrastructure support
- Configure and replicate backups for Oracle VMs and Applications
- Perform server and security audits
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Collaborate with application, network, security, and systems teams to ensure smooth and reliable operations
- Maintain and secure KVM environments
- Regular patching of KVM servers and underlying VMs
- Maintain Exadata and storage environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent multitasking skills, time management and efficiency
- Excellent team building
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years work experience with Storage, Oracle KVM, and Exadata systems.
- Technical Skills:
- NetApp storage
- ZFS storage
- Oracle KVM
- Unix Shell Scripting
- HPE servers