Location: Alpharetta, GA/Rancho Cordova, CA/Oakland, CA
The Senior Software Engineer will help build the Next Gen Applications Suite. Along with writing effective code, the position will be responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining a highly scalable set of products and applications. The incumbent will use industry best practices and work collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, principal engineers, software engineers, test automation team and DevOPS engineers
- Performs as a key contributor to an engineering team that builds and supports exceptional products that provide innovative solutions to challenging business use cases, existing system and operational problems
- Participates in architectural design, system analysis, and programming activities on application software; this may often require independent research and study
- Develops high-quality and production-ready software by using best-practice data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and frameworks that are maintainable, scalable, responsive, and secure
- Writes highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability, security and performance and with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support, owning specifications, quality, release deployments and monitoring of production health.
- Produces complete, simple, and readable technical documentation for everything developed and maintains a team culture of documenting everything
- Tests and ensures quality of all code that developed in line with principles of test-driven development and continuous delivery, utilizing test automation frameworks wherever possible
- Participates in code-reviews, provides technical guidance and mentors software engineers
- Collaborates closely with Engineering leadership, Product Managers, Designers, Test Automation and other teams and business units to define, prioritize, sequence and scope business and functional requirements and drive results.
- Instruments infrastructure and application performance monitoring, capacity management, alerting, tools instrumentation and metrics (KPI) management
- Performs impact assessment of product (hardware, software) upgrades
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing engineering projects
- Supports and collaborates with other Engineers through evaluation, design analysis, and development phases
- Maintains knowledge, ensures competency and compliance with policies and procedures, in order to be the technical expert while collaborating with cross-functional teams
- This list is not all-inclusive and you are expected to perform other duties as requested or assigned
- 10+ w/Bachelors degree
- Experience designing and developing highly scalable and secure Applications and Products
- BS in computer science or equivalent technical field or equivalent work experience.
- MS is a plus.
- Experience with developing and deploying applications on Azure or similar cloud platform
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Java language knowledge for building services and micro services such as Restful with JSON and/or SOAP with XML based request/response required
- Implementing design patterns, algorithms and applying innovative methodologies experience required
- Oracle Database interaction technologies such as Hibernate, JDBC and/or SQL knowledge required.
- Git/GitHub or any other distributed version control systems knowledge required
- Jenkins, CloudBees and/or CI/CD systems working experience required
- Skill to work comfortably and effectively with people on all different levels of organization and across all functional areas required
- IVR Technology and VUIs (Call Flows) knowledge preferred
- Contact Center operations and technologies knowledge preferred
- Telephony and multi-channel capabilities knowledge preferred
- Nuance MIX and/or Genesys Pure Cloud knowledge preferred
- UI framework knowledge such as Angular, React and/or Node preferred
- Natural Language and Voice Biometrics knowledge preferred
- AGILE, JIRA, and Confluence experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong organizational skills, resourcefulness, attention to detail and drive for excellence
- Troubleshoot issues based upon customer experience, perform a root cause analysis, recommend corrective actions and lead resolution efforts