This is a 100% remote contract opportunity. Candidates should be in central or eastern time zone.
Under general supervision, accountable for overall management, leadership and facilitation of cross-functional teams and assigned projects, including coordination, status reports, and stability of the project work effort; manage scope, and critical path for assigned projects.
- May manage the financial, time and resource aspects of project against a set budget and project plan.
- Manage and monitor work efforts daily and identifies resource needs; perform quality review; escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues, as appropriate.
- Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or key resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Lead larger and more highly complex projects
- Support Program Manager(s) and team in developing communications, presentations, status reports and briefing material for Executive Leadership
- Assertively and proactively identify, prioritize, troubleshoot and manage opportunities, risks and issues to achieve project goals.
- Coordinate communication across all cross functional teams and third party providers that impact the scope, budget, risk, deliverables and resources of the project.
- Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
- Assist Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management in the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve enterprise goals.
- Possess advanced knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Create project plans, schedules, and manage project teams.
- Utilize and implement project management processes and methodologies for the organization to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Oversee and support more junior project managers on large, multi phase projects
- Provide informal guidance and support to more junior team members
- Serve as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required (up to 10%)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Ability to quickly gain high level understanding of subject matter and ‘get into the weeds’ of projects to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to successfully navigate interpersonal relationships and motivate individuals and teams
- Proactively plan for long range activities as well as foresee/predict risks, issues and opportunities
- Possess high energy, a positive attitude and the ability to perform and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and constantly changing environment
- Possess advanced knowledge and proficiency in Project Management methodologies including SafeAgile
- Knowledge of software/mobile app development and IoT
- Demonstrated experience leading/facilitiating the development and launch of software products for end customers
- Meaningful experience with Product development, Product Management and Go To Market/product launch activities
- Meaningful experience working with and leading cross functional teams such as Marketing, Sourcing, Operations, Sales, Finance, etc. to launch products to end customers.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop presentations and present to management
- Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in Resource Management practices and Change Management techniques.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of business principles, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Leverages business and technical expertise across disciplines, demonstrating a high level of industry knowledge. Contributes to the strategic direction of the client group(s). May provide guidance to senior management.
- Functional expertise and fundamental business knowledge to contribute to the strategic direction of the function and supported client group(s).
- Knowledge of Smart Home/Security Systems and product hardware development cycle/management a plus