Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Senior Network Engineer, IT Infrastructure
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 6 months (contract to hire)
- Write/engineer network device configuration scripts with associated change documentation to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Implement network changes during appropriate change windows (after hours).
- Review and provide feedback on change documentation/engineering of other engineers.
- Establish processes to test applications and devices before planned network deployment to quantify their performance and recommend steps to ensure they are optimized.
- Serve as second-tier support for network operations team when needed.
- Participate in on-call support escalation rotation.
- Translate business needs into actionable deliverables.
- Manage small internal data network projects.
- Create detailed network designs that meet the customer requirements (including physical and logical) of complex network systems to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Serve as a technical resource providing guidance and advice to associates on data, voice, and mobile network capabilities for utilizing the full capability of technology in designing effective solutions.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6+ years of enterprise data network/IT industry experience with a minimum of 4 working with data network technologies at an enterprise scale.
- BS Computer Science, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience Industry Certifications such as CCNP/CCIE is desired.
- Demonstrated expertise with protocol analyzers, and test equipment is desired.
- Experience working with network tools such as CA Spectrum and Wireshark.
- Expert knowledge on Cisco routers, Cisco L2/L3 switches, load balancing, QOS, VPN, NAT, VoIP, IPSec, Multicast, DNS services, MPLS networks, network protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN Trunking), and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF).
- Strong knowledge of Spanning-tree protocols (PVST, MSTP, RSTP).
- Experience working with VeloCloud/Viptela SDWAN/Aruba/Meraki/Nexus/Palo Alto Firewalls Zscaler equipment is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of public cloud and Azure cloud networking.
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure is a plus.
- Firewall troubleshooting skill.
- Experience with vulnerability management.
- Basic Wi-Fi design understanding and troubleshooting skill.
- Strong experience in switch upgrades and refresh activity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple vendors in a partially outsourced IT environment.
- Previous software development experience is a plus to help drive Automation.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills with a track record as a problem solver & an effective team player is essential.
- Flexibility - able to manage stressful situations and adapt to changing environments.
- Solid problem management skills related to working network related issues.
- Have attention to detail and an ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Strong presentation and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of efficiently completing tasks without specific direction or close supervision.
- Ability to run/lead projects with minimum guidance.
- Lead both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Be the escalation point for resolution of network integration issues.
- Act as the liaison between IT verticals, vendors, the business, and the network team.
- Consult with technical peers and management on the deployment of applications within the network.
- Work with the IT verticals to ensure on-going standards and application performance over the network.
- Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
- Proven ability to build and facilitate relationships at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally.
- Commitment to system functionality and user satisfaction in rapidly growing and changing environments.
- Develop and present business case and related ROI to senior management for justification of investment in upgrades or replacement of hardware/software.