Join one of the world's most renowned global banks and trusted brand with over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services worldwide. Will be writing large scale Java programs in pure core Java to facilitate both batch and real-time processing. All processes will be deployed to Unix/Linux environments. You will work alongside some of the smartest minds in the industry who are excited to share their knowledge and to learn from you.
Contract Duration: 6+ Months
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree is required.
- 8+ years of Java development experience.
- Working understanding of Unix/Linux is required.
- Must have experience with developing all areas of middle-tier and back-end system programming.
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications.
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects.
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods.
- Strong experience in Java, Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Batch, SOAP/Restful Services.
- Strong experience in SQL (Oracle).
- Strong software design skills.
- Good experience in Microservice development.
- Strong experience with Messaging (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ).
- Expertise in Unix (Linux) commands & scripting.
- Process and tools to produce well written low defect rate code.
- Experience of collaboration tools (source control).
Desired Skills & Experience
- PL/SQL programming expertise.
- Experience with Graph DB (e.g., Neo4J).
- Good knowledge & experience on Workflow (e.g., JBPM).
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas.
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users.
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement.
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality.
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower-level analysts.
- Exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Act as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.