Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262-8522
Term: 12 months
Lead or participate in high level technical concepts spanning technology and business.
Develop specifications for complex infrastructure systems, design and test solutions.
Contribute to the testing of business, application and technical infrastructure requirements.
Drive solutions to reduce recovery.
Review and analyze solutions for cloud security, secrets management and key rotations.
Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
Design complex system upgrades. Resolve troublesome trends as they develop.
Develop a long range plan designed to resolve problems and prevent them from recurring.
Direct the daily risk and control flow of operations, focusing on policies, procedures and work standards to ensure success.
Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Physical Activity:
- Physical Ability to Lift, Craw, and perform physical tasks associated with:
- Racking Hardware (Compute, Storage, Network).
- Cable Runs & Organization/Establish Connectivity.
- Move around a server room and equipment racks.
- Occasional need to work outside of normal working hours and weekends when required.
- Essential Soft Skills:
- Extremely Detail Oriented
- Excellent Critical Thinking skills.
- Excellent Problem-Solving /Troubleshooting skills.
- Fast Learner and Desire for Learning new technologies and skills.
- Ability to work as a team and autonomously on assigned tasks.
- Ability to take direction.
- Have a Passion for Technology.
- Good Work Ethic and pride in their work.
- Ethical and Honest.
- Effective Communicator.
- Great Interpersonal Skills.
- List of Technological Skills:
- Software Defined Networking (especially VMWare NSX-T)
- Compute Virtualization (VMWare vSphere, ESXi, Hyper-V)
- Container/Orchestration: Kubernetes, Kubernetes, Docker, Rancher
- Cross Platform Desktop/Server Operating System Knowledge (Windows, Linux, macOS)
- Image Creation/ Deployment / Configuration (VRA, ECM, MDT)
- Configuration Management (Ansible, BASH, Python, PowerShell, SCCM/ECM, JAMF)
- IaC Technologies (Terraform, Packer, Vault)
- Windows Domain Administration
- Active Directory
- Certificate Management
- Software Packaging / Vulnerability Management
- SCCM/ECM, WSUS, Red Hat Satellite
- Cross Platform Software Patching
- OS and Configuration Hardening
- Physical Infrastructure
- Firmware Upgrades and Compliance
- Configuration Management (OneView, OpenManage, iLO, IRAC)
- Network Switching & Firewalls:
- FCoE, VPC, ACL, VLAN/VXLAN, QOS
- Cisco Switches
- DNS / DHCP / IPAM
- Load Balancing
- Storage (Block & S3 Object):
- Dell EMC
- SAN Switches
- Cloud Experience (a plus)
- Technical Support & Consultation:
- Aptitude to provide excellent technical support tour internal customers.
- Translation of Needs Analysis & Requirements into Technical Solutions.
- Excellent follow-through and communication
- ServiceNow Experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/JIRA
- 4+ years of Technology Infrastructure Engineering and Solutions experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.