Senior Data/Business Analyst
San Francisco, CA (Bay Area) or New York, NY – Hybrid Remote
Target Start Date: June 2022
What you’ll do as a Senior Data/Business Analyst:
The Senior Data/Business Analyst acts as a liaison between the business users and technical teams involved in planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems. The Analyst will support the Enterprise Data department in building centralized data assets in support of banking operations, sales organization, cross-functional analytics and reporting. Will work with Data SME’s, Business SME’s, Product Managers and Technical teams by building detailed technical (source to target) specifications to aid in the development of data driven solutions to cater towards users that shall use the enriched information for analytics, internal and external reporting.
- Develop detailed data mapping (source to target) document encompassing business and transformation rules that address data definition normalization across deposits, lending and client interactions data.
- Document business and functional requirements to cater towards short term and long-term management reporting, regulatory reporting, dashboards and analytical needs of the business units.
- Performing data analysis and design activities at the operational and organizational level to build a single source of truth (central repository) for client interactions or loan originations or monetary transactions.
- Develop robust SQL or python scripts to test source to target mappings delivered by the technology team and implement robust data quality rules.
- Develop reporting proto-types with the goal of industrialization in a controlled environment.
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems.
- Engage technical development team members to transition requirements to design, and to determine appropriate design approach.
- Support business teams in the planning and execution of QA and UAT testing with test cases documentation.
- Act as the Business and Data analyst that liaisons between business units and the project team.
- Document the reference data and meta data for each release of the iterative delivery of curated/enriched data repositories (e.g., Client Interactions Hub or Originations Mart).
- Develop documentation to meet the expectations of Internal and External auditors.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- 7+ years of business and data analysis experience in the implementation of data driven solutions such as a recommendation engine or delivering customer insights or analytical capabilities for models.
- 5+ years of banking or financial services industry experience in the domain of loans, deposits, brokerage and wealth management.
- Excellent SQL and Python skills to analyze, profile data and build report prototypes before handing over to Data Engineering team.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas as simple, easy to understand concepts; ability to present effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess excellent Analytical and Communications skills and the ability to clearly define requirements, use cases and approach to delivering them via data driven solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and work on adhoc requests like point analytics or reports to support product managers and business teams.
- Ability to look and think outside the box to identify solutions that furthers the initiative and/or improves the effectiveness of the data usage for analytics and reporting.