REMOTE opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits
Title: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Remote with occasional travel
You will work in close collaboration with global business leaders, mining operations, subject matter experts, data scientists, and software engineers to develop novel approaches to complex problems. As a practice leader you will develop and lead multiple data science projects within a practice area. Responsibilities will include strategic development, project planning, people development, solution development, and communication planning.
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand business requirements and manage all aspects of a data science project.
- Develop and Lead a team of Data Science Analysts and Data Scientists in collaboration with other expertise to design and implement complex algorithms and industrialize solutions at scale. Ensure team delivers on commitments by defining clear analytical strategies and principles, maintaining a roadmap for execution, and actively secure its implementation through the scrum process.
- Utilize modern cloud technologies and employ best practices from DevOps/MLOps to manage all aspects of the Solution Development Lifecyle, including but not limited to, code optimization, sustainment, sunset, and obsolescence. Proactively adapting team makeup to increase project velocity.
- Guide problem solving sessions, ensuring alignment to North Star and flexibly seek out R&D initiatives or training opportunities to broaden experience. Provide mentorship and coaching to junior team members.
- Collaborate with a wide range of technical and business experts to craft and deliver a communication strategy that creates broad awareness of data science capabilities and its strategic value to business outcomes
This position requires air travel. if you are hired, our client requires all employees whose job requires travel by air, you will be required to submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel by air, unless the company has granted a medical or religious accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and seven (7) years of relevant work experience, OR
- Master’s degree in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and five (5) years of relevant work experience OR
- Ph.D. in a technical engineering or analytical field (Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or related discipline and two (2) year of relevant work experience
- Python and SQL Programming Experience
- Expert Practitioner of at least three of the following analytical areas and the ability to articulate theoretical concepts from at least four
- Statistics & Statistical Modeling, including Time-Series Modeling
- Simulation Techniques, including MCMC or an equivalent
- Neural Networks / Deep Learning
- Tree Based Machine Learning Algorithms
- Unsupervised Learning
- Classification techniques, including Support Vector Machines or an equivalent
- Optimization Heuristics
- Text Analytics
- Ability to visualize data utilizing programmatic techniques
- Expert at executing the Data Science development workflow including data manipulation and cleaning, feature engineering, model selection, model training, model validation and model deployment
- Experience influencing and building mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences and storytelling with data.
- Experience developing and leading teams
- Working knowledge of MLOps/DevOps concepts (Version Control, CI/CD, Trunk Based Development/PR Based Development/GIT, Test driven development)
- Working knowledge of Azure Machine Learning Environment
- Working knowledge of Software Engineering and Object Orient Programming Principles
- Working knowledge of Distributed Parallel Processing Environments such as Spark or Snowflake
- Working knowledge of Edge Analytics, embedded systems, or computer vision.
- Working knowledge of Data Architecture, engineering, and ETL teams
- Working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis on Production workloads
- Working knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Strong verbal and written skills in English language.
- Our client promotes a drug/alcohol-free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as allowed by applicable state laws
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment.