Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Metadata Analyst
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28277
Term: 6 months+ contract to hire opportunity
- Manage ongoing prioritization of SOR onboarding to drive scope priorities.
- Facilitate all metadata onboarding involvement across business and tech teams.
- Support technical metadata processes for both harvested and stated technical metadata and data lineage.
- Perform technical metadata intake and validation responsibilities to ensure quality standards are met.
- Perform data lineage testing and validation to ensure quality standards and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop the program processes, procedures, and coordination of activities across the metadata delivery solutions team to monitor for completion and program reporting.
- Drive development and implementation of projects to enhance existing processes.
- Work closely with the lead and coordinate with our business and technology partners to align their metadata practices with the enterprise data governance policy, requirements, and capabilities.
- Develop and lead programs, initiatives for data quality, governance, and metadata activities.
- Design and conduct complex analysis to identify and remediate data quality or integrity issues and to identify and remediate process or control gaps.
- Analyze, assess, and test data controls and data systems to ensure quality and risk compliance standards are met.
- Identify data quality metrics and executes data quality audits to benchmark the state of data quality.
- Adhere to data governance standards and procedures.
- Develop recommendations for optimal approaches to resolve data quality issues.
- Develop and implement plans for assessing the quality of new data sources.
- Lead project teams and mentor less experienced staff members.
- Drive planning and coordination on low to medium sized remediation efforts, acting as central point of contact.
- Leverage domain expertise and data, business, or process analysis to inform and support solution design.
- Consult with clients to assess the current state of data and metadata quality within area of assigned responsibility.
- Participate in cross-functional groups to develop companywide data governance strategies.
- Provide input into communication routines with stakeholders, business partners, and experienced leaders.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience.
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: project management, implementation, or strategic planning.
- 2+ years of experience in data management related areas such as metadata or lineage, data governance or data quality.
- 4+ years of Data Management, Business Analysis, Analytics, Project Management experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Knowledge and understanding of data governance program development and implementation in a large organization across multiple business functions.
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Ability to facilitate team meetings or present information to an audience.
- Ability to create and deliver dynamic presentations.
- Track record of delivering significant analytic value in a line of business or function.
- Data Lineage experience: PDE level lineage, lineage harvesting recommendations and system level data flows.
- Experience leading stakeholder teams to design and develop strategies incorporating the use of data.
- Experience conducting project meetings, presentations and status reporting.
- Experience deploying and leveraging program management tools (e.g. SharePoint, JIRA, Microsoft Project, Tableau, Collibra).
- Knowledge and understanding of financial industry compliance requirements.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of data integrity management practices and procedures.
- Experience developing and monitoring compliance with policy and standards, specifically around metadata.