Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Senior Cyber Security Research Consultant
Location: CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, 28262
Term: 6 months + extensions
- Operate custom tooling platforms.
- Scale out existing tooling and infrastructure.
- Research innovative ways to identify control gaps at scale.
- Develop algorithms to create new data categorization models using heuristics and ML.
- Collaborate with other teams to identify problems and gaps that require new and unique solutions.
- Identify automation opportunities.
- Lead or participate in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex computer network security and protection technologies for company information and network systems and applications.
- Act as professional ethical penetration tester utilizing hacking tools to modify or create proof of concept exploits that mimic techniques of attackers to identify vulnerabilities and associate with a severity rating by deriving impact and ease of exploit.
- Review and analyze advanced computer security incident response activities and technical investigations of information security related incidents or breach related activates.
- Perform tests on networking devices, appliance products and web based application.
- Implement and develop custom penetration testing techniques and tools.
- Perform security risk assessments to ensure compliance with corporate information security policies and adherence to best practices.
- Provide guidance and leadership to more experienced Information Security Engineers and act as a mentor for these engineers interested in penetration testing and offensive security.
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues and managers to resolve issues and achieve goals.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of information security experience in converged testing (red teaming) demonstrated through work or military experience
- 3+ years of experience with Linux operating system engineering or automation
- 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: creating proof of concepts, creating exploits, or reverse engineering demonstrated through work or military experience
- 4+ years of experience with Python
- 2+ years of experience with MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or AWS
- 2+ years of experience with Elasticsearch development, integration or support
- 4+ years of Cyber Security Research experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Advanced Information Security technical skills
- Proficient in working with systems, networks, and application vulnerability testing
- Ability to manage complex security scenarios and develop innovative solutions to address the most recent cyber threats
- Knowledge or experience of containerization related management stacks with Docker, Swarm or Kubernetes
- Experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Machine learning experience