Job DescriptionThis position is for a Senior Customer Service Technician who will be responsible for answering basic customer inquiries on product availability, maintenance, and the status of orders and maintaining records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken. May assist in orienting, training, and assigning the work of technical/business support employees. This position is onsite and will require shift work on all 7 days of the week to include holidays.
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Required Skills & Experience
- HS Diploma or AA/AS degree (or other 2-year post high school training) with 4+ years of relevant experience.
- In the absence of a HS diploma, GED or AA/AS degree with 6 years of relevant experience.
- 1+ years of customer service experience.
Desired Skills & Experience
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- Excellent customer service skills, outstanding phone skills, good typing skills.
- Basic knowledge of MS Windows and Office applications.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 Operational Environment.
- Basic knowledge of digital communication and network environment.
- Strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong understanding of ITIL practices.
- Experience with Remedy and/or ServiceNow platforms.
What You Will Be Doing
- Handle incoming calls and ascertain if the call is of a customer service or technical nature.
- Open call and trouble tickets in our ticketing system database for all incoming inquiries.
- Process and/or forward technical problems to field technicians or on-call engineers as appropriate for resolution.
- Track open trouble tickets to resolution.
- Interface with Operations Center personnel customers technicians and management.
- Troubleshoot/configure airport devices used for the management of air passenger baggage.
- Demonstrate strong customer service and communications skills – both written and verbal good computer skills good problem-solving skills good multi-tasking skills and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of digital communications and network environment.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work in a 24x7 operations environment and willing to work a rotating shift schedule.