Leverage the latest technology to solve business problems in a collaborative environment at this Fortune 500 transportation giant. Top technical resources are retained on long term contract engagements.
Position: Sr BI Developer
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Term: 11 months
- Develop and maintain consultative relationships with key business stakeholders, proactively identifying and addressing business needs, along with regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Perform data preparation work (e.g., source, scrub, mine, and integrate relevant data sources) needed for the delivery of BI and data visualization solutions.
- Own the delivery of BI reporting and dashboards from start to finish.
- Convert ideas and business needs into meaningful report/dashboard designs.
- Partner with business stakeholders to streamline and automate reporting.
- Identify new approaches to complex design problems related to BI and advanced data visualization.
Education & Prior Job Experience
- BS in Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated aptitude for logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use computer-based tools and programming languages to implement solutions.
- Extensive experience in PowerBI development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- 3+ years of experience designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining large scale business intelligence (BI) and data visualization programs.
- 2+ years of experience on Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Advanced degree (MS) in Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics.
- 2+ years experience in a technical professional environment.
- Working with structured query language (SQL) database devilment, SQL.
- Familiarity with the airline/travel industry.
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- R or Python programming
- Alteryx data blending and Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau data visualization
- Data Mining/Big Data concepts and tools
- Knowledge of classification, statistical and machine learning algorithms for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
- Ability to wrangle data from disparate sources into a comprehensive view of a business problem.
- Prior experience with recommender systems and text mining a plus.
- Ability to work very well with an operationally driven business unit in an agile fashion.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced knowledge of programing languages, R, Python, SQL, HTML, Java Script, C#.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerBI and Tableau Data visualization and Alteryx Data blending Language & Communication Skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization, including senior management.